Wednesday 25 April 2012

Country Retreat in Montville

This is another late one... two weeks ago James and I drove into the hinterland to Montville. We stayed in Montville Country Cabins, complete with wood fire, BBQ, spa bath, beautiful views and a machine that if you put $2 into it you can 'relax back with a glass of wine and listen to the sound of gentle rain drops on the roof'. Not kidding.

Our cabin was named Snuggle Pot and next door was Cuddle Pie, before you cringe too much apparently there is a famous Australian children's book called Snuggle Pot and Cuddle Pie so that's why they are named this way!

We stoked up on loads of food and wine and settled in for a night in the wilderness, well in a contained cabin in the wilderness! Before it got dark we took a walk around the grounds and six ducks followed us the way! We rewarded them with some raisin bread at the end.

Our balcony was also full of wildlife, a Kookaburra joined me for a read but I had to vacate quite quickly as it's beak was scaring me. James told me I was worrying unnecessarily but I noticed that he left pretty sharpish when a huge magpie came to join! 

Here are some pictures of our hinterland trip...




Umm, hello Ducks...
Our Cottage - Snugglepot!!


James and his new mates
Feeding time
Chilling out with a Kookaburra
Ducks hanging out in the road

Politely asking them to move...

We like champagne

...especially me

James in his happy place


No comments:

Post a Comment